Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote network region with audix g.729

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktripp

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
S8510 with onboard audix.

If I have a remote network region that I want to use g.729 with over a WAN, it works fine with designating g.729 to another remote station. But for audix it seems as though I can only connect to the audix with g.711. Using g.711 locally is fine, but having centralized audix, how can I get a remote office to use g.729 to the audix to save bandwidth? Will the Audix only use g.711?

Thanks,

Either CMM or IA770 both need to be G.711.
Typically we put the VM in to its own network region to accomplish this. Typically use NR 99.

That way calls between site "a" and site "b" (NR 1 and 2 for example) would use g.729.
When NR 1 or 2 calls 99 (NR for VM) it would use G.711.

That way only calls for VM would use G.711, all others will be G.729.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks...
--Mike

Thanks for the reply. Today it is setup as NR99 and only has G.711. It must means that when anyone in a remote gateway access voicemail it uses G.711 and not the preferred g.729. I'm just trying to manage bandwidth QOS over WAN. I was just hoping to find out a way for remote users accessing voicemail could use g.729 and save some allocated bandwidth for voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back