Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Monitoring/Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2007
US
Hi all,
I'm currently a network administrator for a company with multiple sites. I'm trying to find a way to set up monitoring at our remote site. I'm aware of programs like VNC but I'm looking for something that can run in the background without hindering the computers performance and without making the user aware of the monitoring. I was just curious if anyone knew of any decent programs out their like this.

thanks

Does your companys policys allow this monitoring to occur? Do your state/local laws require you to do anything before monitoring users in such a manner? Many legal implications to consider before you do this.

Dameware is one product I've tested in the past and it works really well for instances like this.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Thanks for the response Dave, I guess I figured that if it's company equipment on company property then monitoring didn't matter, just like with company email. But I'll look into this before I install the product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back