Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote maintenance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishobx

Vendor
Nov 30, 2003
US
I have remote access set up through a DID over a PRI to access a 403, R2.1.27. I have the usual RemoteManager User, RAS and Incoming Call Route. When I connect, other active calls on the system are dropped and incoming calls ring busy. The modem connection stays up and I can pull the config, make and save changes with Manager. As soon as I disconnect, everything goes back to normal. I had a colleague in another city try to dial in, and while he was connected, we got one ring on inbound calls, then silence until the call dropped at about 20, 25 seconds.

Any ideas? We first thought my DSL was interferring, but I disabled my LAN connection and still had the same result. Also tried my laptop which was not connected to anything else and got the same result. Someone will be back on site next week, and I can't disrupt the customer any further. Would like to have some idea of things to change before a technician is on site.

thanks in advance!
Dineane

I have experienced this, it's a bug with the line 1 modem on the 403. You need to install a modem2 card (hurry up and buy one before all you can get is a modem12 which massively jacks up the price, in spite of the fact that on a 403 it only gives you 4 dialups) in order to do what you're trying to do.

What I usually do to get around this is setup remote access to one of the PC's on site (usually the VMPro server) and run manager on that PC via remote control.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back