Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsim

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
GB
we are trying to setup few remote phone and ideally want to lock down some of the feature compared to what is being offered to other office phone. Can someone suggest best way to approach these ?

-install certificate on phone as 2nd level authentication (first would be done by firewall based on mac address of phone)
-disable pc port
-disable web acess
-disable settings

Most of what you want can be accomplished through settings in the 46xxsettings.txt file.

I know from 46xx settings file one can control below , but how about certificate ? secondly do I need to keep 2 different file server as with the office phone I would not like to disable below settings. Can you think of any other intelligent way ?

-disable pc port
-disable web acess
-disable settings

You could use the "group" parameter, and only apply certain settings to group "1", and apply different settings to group "2". You would manually set the phones to be in group 1 or group 2. They all download the same "46xxsettings.txt" file, but run different sections of it based on their "group" number.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back