Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote IP Phone over the internet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evansshawnr

Technical User
Jan 30, 2008
US
Im trying to add a phone at my house to access the altigen i have opened the ports and the phone registers i can make and receive calls but can not here any audio does anyone have any susgestions.

Sorry I cannot provide any assistance on your issue, however, I need to find out how to add a remote VOIP extension at an employee's home. We have the AltiGen system as well.

Can you point me in the right direction for any docs on setting this up?

Thank you.

Yes i can here are the ports you need to have open on the router where the altigen server is hosted
10032 TCP
10060 UDP
10064 TCP
here is the hard part
49152+ total ip codec channels x 2 in TCP and UDP
which can be found in alti ware admin
view> Current Resources Statistics its all the ports listed under the Local Ports Column
Then there is more work to be done
you have to click on Voip and open the enterprise manager
your ip networks tab has to be filled out
the internet pipe must be checked and filled out enable sip nat support must be checked also you need to put in your public ip address.
Let me know if you need more help

Also all of this is based on a 6.0 Version but should be the same for 5.2

Thanks a bunch!

Anything special required on the home network other than maybe opening those same ports?

So this will work without establishing a VPN connection?

We are at version 5.2.

You should not even have to add the ports on the remote side and no VPN is required.

Hi...similar questions. Have Altigen 5.0a and have a remote user with Altiview on home laptop. Everything worked great for a few months, now problems.

Can dial out from laptop (with and without headset), but we can't transfer a call to that extension or call from out Altigen phone system.

When we call or transfer, we get a dial tone (and drop a call if transferring). The remote use gets "offhook" on the Altiview for a few seconds, then an error.

Altigen wants to sell me an upgrade to fix, but this doesn't make sense if it worked before.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

evansshawnr,

I have a similar problem. My phone was working fine on my IP address in a remote location. Then, for some reason, it just stopped being able to hear calls/take calls. I have to re-register my phone to take/hear a call. Most of the time I can call out, but only after a re-register..

Whetdesert

What software level is your Server at?
Do you know what firmware load your phone is at?
Does the phone's LCD display show anything diffent (e.g SIP REG FAIL)?
What type of phone? 600, 705, 710, 720 ?
Is the phone registering via VPN or over public network?

Thank you, PAS1969 for the post...

I have an IP710 phone using a public network.
The phones version is: 070E.010B.1360
We are on server software 5.0A with Update 4
AltiServ 5.0.1.407

The symptoms: the phone registers no problem what-so-ever. I can take a call from an outbound line, or internally from a transfer, or just from extension to extension. This works for one call, maybe two or three, then all of a sudden, I hear the phone ring (whether from ext or outside, makes no difference) I pick up the call and I can hear them, they cannot hear me. I reregister the phone and im fine again. Now, the funny thing is, I have been reregistering my phone AFTER EVERY CALL, and so far I've not had the issue today. However, that is getting old real fast.

The time frame: On August 27, I installed some Microsoft patches to computer running the Altiserver software, all security patches. This machine is a windows XP box with 2 gig RAM, it is not a true server. Other than that, I cannot think or see anything that may have changed, other than the updates. I am going to uninstall them tonight.

Lastly, I am the only phone effected. I have 2 remote offices, and both are set up IDENTICAL, except my office is in Indiana, and the other office is in Arizona. The corp office is in AZ also, and has 4 phones connected, all IP710's with local IPs.

That's all I can think of...if you can help I would be GREATLY appreciative! At least something to look for or change. I do not have an Altigen dealer, as ours went out of business, so perhaps I need that, but before I pay for tons of service, I was hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.

Thanks again!
Darrell

Thank you for your answers.
Because the calls are ringing to your phone does seem to indicate that your ext is still registered to the Server.
With 1 way audio maybe one of the UDP ports is being block so stopping the RTP going from you to the Server.

If I had a similar prob with one of my clients (I work for a dealer) I would run a program like Wireshark, on the Altigen box, to see if RTP is going in both directions.

I have not had that much experience with 5.0A, usually later versions that use the SIP protocol

Yes i did my problem was the UDP ports aftwer i opened all the needed ports everything started working fine. My next problem is setting up altigen to work with OCS2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back