Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatDavies

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
GB
I have used applications that allow you to perform remote installs on PC's in your network, such as virus killing apps.

I woul dlike to build one of these 'Control centres' for one of my apps so that I can make it easier for clients to deploy across their companies and also to make the process of updating a lot easier.

How do you go about performing remote installs?

Matt

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

right, I have been looking around and it appears that I can do this using WMI.

I have sucessfully created a new process on a remote machine, however it is hidden and doesn't show my form(it was just a quick one form "it works" exe). any ideas why?

I also did a test that would just show a message box on running (single module exe, sub main thing)

that also appeared to do nothing, but the process is in the list. any help would be appreciated.

Matt

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back