Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote installation , broken references problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

apchambers

Programmer
Jul 17, 2003
GB
I have created a script to install an access database together with other files onto remote machines, I need to create a program group etc. I am on occasion finding broken references. I changed my script to use:
e.g.
[Flags]
source: "C:\msado15.dll"; DestDir: {cf}\system\ado\; Flags: regserver uninsneveruninstall

I thought this would copy the dlls etc to the correct place and install them in the registry, however it doesn't seem to work in some cases, especially if the machine is using a foreign language e.g. Korean. I assume that the machines do not have the correct directory structure.

Should I be using a Microsoft program to install the software rather than a script. I used a script as I need to get some data input of directories etc.

Please any help would be much appreciated as this is causing a major problem when potential customers are trying to install a demo.
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back