Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Install tab cannot be found on RIS server properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2005
US
Is there anything that I configured wrong upon installation of RIS. according to M$ install configs, and my W2k reference books, once RIS is install I go to:

>Administrative Users and computers
>Domain controllers or computers
>right click the RIS server, then click properties

In properties you should see a tab for Remote Install but I dont. Only the default tabs which are General,Operating System,Member of, Location, and Managed by.

I changed the view of the properties and still no Remote Install tab.

I will keep trying, but if anyone could help in the meantime.

thanks

I found out why the remote install tab doesnt show up. I used a cd copy of a Windows 2000 server cd. When configuring RIS the microsoft digital signature box pops up a couple of times during the config, saying that this software was not digitally signed the software may not function right blah blah blah. I just said yes when they came up. after the install i didnt see the remote install tab.

Then I blew away the o/s then re-installed 2000 server from an original cd, then did the RIS config then the remote install tab showed up.

strange huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back