Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote insight Board java applet issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift838

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
I have a few servers that have been built, but when accessing the remote insight board, the java applets will only launch if you are an administrator. We know it is a security issue and possible around IE.

We have a IE icon configured on a citrix server to launch and if we login with our admin credentials it all works, but if we login with a standard user to launch the IE icon and then connect over to the RIB board, we can connect, but we have no functionality for any of the java applets. They do not load in IE.

what IE settings do we need to ensure we have set?

How many different versions of Java do you have installed? I've seen them stomp on each other.

just one version. I have the latest version installed on these servers, they are new servers.

Is the RIB an older version? I could be mistaken, but I think the older version (non-iLO) needs to have Java version like 1.3. However, because you can access the RIB as Admin, it would seem that you have the correct version.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd double check the java installs on your Citrix App servers. Not knowing your technical knowledge, here is what I would do. Go to C:\Program Files\Java and C:\Program Files\JavaSoft and see if there is more than 1 version there.

Why would a standard user have access to the RIBs? Surely you would restrict them to Admin users only?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

We have published a IE icon via citrix, the users logon to citrix via standard ID, they then launch the IE icon and enter admin credentials when connected via a rib.

Your Citrix server is 2003 server? If so, do you have Internet Explorer security mode enabled? I've seen this cause problems with ILO, HP System Management Homepage, etc.

Try disabling IE High security mode and see if you can load the controls as a regular user.

You could also publish Firefox thin and see if that works better. The Java controls for ILO seem to work ok for me under Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back