Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote I2004 set 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

engenius

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
CA
I am trying to install a remote user with an i2004 set.
Phones can ring eachother, but no audio.
Anyone have an idea of what settings I am missing ?
Thanks

You need to port forward RTP 10000 - 13999 UDP on your router as well as 7000 UDP.

Hi Lopeztcom
I have done that, no speach path - but the phones can ring eachother, and see eachother on the BLF.

What kind of router do you have on both ends? I have had this issue with an older router on the user end. Double check the ports. RTP is your voice path so there may be a conflict. They can see each other over the 7000 port, so that's why it's able to call each other

In the UCx under Nortel settings, you have to put your router's external IP into the Public IP box or else you will have no audio.

I was just about to start a thread on this. Would the router at the remote site be configured the same and would the IP phone settings S1 and S2 point to the routers public IP Address or the UCX???

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

The router on the client side does not require any extra configuration to allow remote IP sets to operate - standard NAT implementation handles all that is needed.

The remote IP phone must be configured to connect to the public IP address of the UCx system - that is the public address of the router on the UCx end. This address must be also entered in the "Public IP" field under Nortel Settings (as stated by telcodog above) otherwise you'd have no audio.

I figured the IP phone had to have the Public IP address of the router on my side, wasn't to sure about the router on the customer side though. Thanks

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

OK, I am “borrowing” what telcodog and ucxguy put , along with my comments, and condensing it all right here:

From the WIKI: Port Forwarding for Remote Nortel Phones
In order to allow remote workers with Nortel IP phones (with UNISTIM firmware) to access your UCx system from the public network, you should configure your router to forward the following ports to the IP address of your UCx Server (by default 192.168.1.200):

Rule Name Port Number/Port Range Port Type
UNISTIM (signaling) 7000 UDP
RTP (media) 10000-13999 UDP
If you use a non-default port number for UNISTIM signaling (PBX - PBX Configuration - Nortel Settings - Port), use the actual port number for the first rule in the table above.

1. In the UCx under Nortel settings, you have to put your router's external IP into the Public IP box or else you will have no audio.
2. The remote IP phone must be configured to connect to the public IP address of the UCx system - that is the public address of the router on the UCx end.
3. The router on the client side does not require any extra configuration to allow remote IP sets to operate - standard NAT implementation handles all that is needed.
4. I also configured my Router to forward Port 5060 so I can use soft phones with the system as well. This would be for using Bria Counterpath, CSIP, Zoiper, etc.

This works like a charm! We have remote sets from our operating UCx working with no issues and I also use the soft phone client on my cell phone as a registered extension on the UCx for demo purposes.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Hey ucxnortel, I was going to use the 1120 for my demo but I like the sound of using the zoiper also. Good info, thanks.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Hey atdjr123, Yes, UDP is the protocol setting for the router. ***NOTE***- IF you are planning on using a soft phone client, I HIGHLY suggest you do two things:

1. If the client developer offers an enhancement package\plugin that allows for higher grade codecs, GET IT! The Bria Counterpath works great with the optional\purchasable G.729 codec.
2. When using the soft phone client, BE SURE you are using it on a 4G or highly reliable wireless connection, or you WILL have audio quality issues and THAT would look bad on a customer demo! When doing a demo,I normally quickly show the call ringing and being answered on the soft phone client and then I quickly transfer the call to a desk phone

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Yeah I know about those audio issues. I have them with the zoiper. I'll try and run the Bria download again. I was having problems with it before. Thanks

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back