Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexaocr

Technical User
May 31, 2012
CR
Hi Guys,

Those anybody knows a way to connect remote extensions( sip) from a Wan?

Rigth now a can register a softphone but a cant talk in one way, I know that is a STUN problem but, how to solve this?

Regards

Alexander

you would need a router that does sip Nat on both sides,you could setup a vpn, a lot of routers will support ssl vpn clients if the sip phone is on a PC

I suppose you're talking about a TDE or NCP.

These will require a VPN. NAT is not supported for extensions on the TDE/NCP, or at least it is not supported natively.

You should then use a VPN router, or use a session border controller.

Another alternative is to use NS1000 attached to the current NCP/TDE chassis; starting with version 3, NS1000 will support remote phones natively, and the WAN port will be working (it is now disabled on v1 and v2 units); attaching the NS1000 is done by purchasing the connection card for both systems, and will allow to use all the TDE or NCP hardware, which will be managed as partof the TDE.

Honestly, makes sense only if you need other NS1000 features, i.e. voicemail, which you could get only installing a TVM50 (which does no longer make much sense); if it's just for one/two extensions, consider a VPN.

Thank you guys, now its clear to me

Regards

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back