Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpull

Vendor
Sep 26, 2009
US
Hey,

I can't seem to get this to work. I had NAT forwarded at first, and I could see the registration requests on port 1719, but I saw the responses going to the local address of the IP Phone (10.0.1.48) instead of the Public address (69.200.243.12).

I moved the IP500 to a proxy on a static address to ensure that was not the issue. STUN returns "Open Internet". TCPDUMP still shows that the IPO is trying to return on the local address.

I exported the .pcap and checked and under the H.225.0 RAS, rasAddress:ipAddress, the address is 10.0.1.48.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
-Jerry

Unfortunate update, I bypassed the router and the phone came up. Is there any setting in the phone to tell it that it is behind a NAT and ensure that it uses the Public IP?

It seems that alot of people hit similar issues and had to setup a DMZ on the home router.

So you have port forwarding like this:

1719 -> UDP
1720 -> TCP
RTP port configured in the system settings

The external IP is pingable.

You did turn of .q (do not remember the number) on the same page as the IPaddress (last setting on the bottom)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back