Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTE EXTENSION ON NS500 PANASONIC PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wale62

Vendor
Feb 9, 2013
NG
TWO REMOTE EXTENSIONS WERE INSTALLED IN THE SAME LOCATION USING THE SAME ROUTER. ONE OF THE EXTENSIONS IS OK WHILE THE OTHER COULDN'T CONNECT TO THE REMOTE PBX(DISPLAYING CONNECTING/DISCONNECTING)
When looking through the Registration page on the maintenance console i found out that the two extensions shows the current IP address as the public IP at the remote location.
Why is it that one extension connected and the other couldn't

It is normal for the same external IP to show on the ip extension card

I presume you are using the media relay and the pbx ip on the remote phones are the external ip of the broadband on the system side

have you all the correct ports forwarded on the router on the system side

I had a similar issue on a NS700 , 4 remote phones, 2 would work and 2 wouldn't, customer is using a basic netcomm router at the remote end, a re-boot of that router got all back up and running, but a higher spec'd router has been proposed to hopefully avoid this happening again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back