Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Exchange users somehow become disconnected from mail server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdArm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2004
GB
Who's up for a challenge? We have a Exchange 5.5 server in our London office that our London staff members connect to and read their mail etc.
We also have approx. 8 employees in the US (NY and Chicago) who connect to our office domain via Cisco VPN. They access their mail on the Exchange server by authenticating using their domain accounts. They can connect to & read their mail, browse the net, map and access network shares. However, every now and then, they lose connection to the mail server inasmuch as their mail clients hang and they can't view their mail via it. What's interesting is we can access the mailboxes using Outlook Web Access, but not the full Outlook client. When this happens, rebooting the client PC doesn't help, reinitializing the PIX doesn't help, stopping and starting the Information Store on the Exchange server (extreme, I know) doesn't fix it. The only way we've been able to resolve this is by rebooting the Exchange server (very extreme, and something I hate doing as I know this isn't the real solution, just some "sledgehammer-to-crack-a-walnut" workaround.
Any idea what's going on and how I can resolve it?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back