Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote door phone using SIP or IP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-man

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2018
US
Has anyone done this? I have a remote site that is going get rid of their existing old Nortel and just add IP phones and connect across the VPN to the main site. The issue I am having is that they have one old analog door phone for door access. I thought you could get a SIP style door phone but wanted to see if anyone has feedback or recommendations. thx

Sure we use Algo for this all the time. it will need a 3rd party IP enpoint license on the IPO but they work well and are pretty easy to set up.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

So I assume they just connect as a third party IP phone in essence? I will do a search for these. Appreciate the help.

I have also used Algo a few times for this and will also say they work well. My only complaint is they seem rather expensive especially after adding the 3rd party IP endpoint.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Here's an alternative that might work for you.... Viking Electronics makes a "panic button" that also just happens to have 2-way audio, so may be able to use this as a door phone/intercom. This is the IP version: It's around $380, connects as a SIP device, and is PoE powered.

They also have an analog version that's about $320, which is powered off the analog phone line.
LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

I used Fanvil i10 several times. Works fine and price is quite cheap.
You need the 3rd party IP endpoint same as Algo.

Hi jose1000
Is it possible to connect a door opener to this device. Does the device have a relay?

Hi Teleking, yes, this Fanvil i10 is a Doorphone system, it includes the relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back