Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjfusion

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2006
US
Hi,

I am trying to connect to my server using Remote Desktop, and I get the error that says: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator."

I've check everything and nothing works. I am on a local network, Windows 2003 Server, with all the latest updates etc. I even try by IP address and get the same message. I've also made sure the firewall is off on the network card as well. Any help would be appreciated.

-CJ

-CJ

What event log do I need to check. I've looked in them and see nothing close to remote desktop or terminal services.

-CJ

-CJ

Is Remote Desktop connection activated on the server (My Computer > Properties > Remote > Remote Desktop)

if yes, is RPC running in Services

Have you tried to connect using the IP address or the fqdn of the machine? You may have a dns issue.

Tyras

Are you using Terminal Services and make sure port 3389 is open.

Ok are you doing this on the netowrk or from home?

Ok are you using a router and is port 3389 assigned to the server IP address?

So no router and no firewall did you go to my computer/properties/remote to make sure remote desktop is activated?

Can you ping the server? Is your account a member of the Remote Desktop Users group?

What do you want to remote in to the server anyways? You can use Terminal Services in the administrative mode, this should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back