Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunty18

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
Hi there,

For some reason remote desktop is not working. Whenever I try to type my server address it gives me an error message. "There is an error in licensing protocol".

This computer was working fine before.

I have this problem in few more computers in our company that give the same error message and remote desktop application does not work on them.

All these computers are on win XP Pro.

Employee use this remote desktop to connect to the file server from outside, that is on windows 2000 server.

Could anybody help me how I can resolve this issue.

thanks in advance

Is remote desktop installed ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Remote Desktop is installed on XP by default. You just have to enable it.

Right click My Computer > Properties > Remote Tab
put a checkmark in "allow users to connect remotely to this computers" Then click the "Select Remote Users" button and add anyone that needs permission to remote in.

Microsoft Certified Nut.

Hi there.

If you want to enable Remote Desktop on mass via Group Policy the setting is under:

In Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Terminal Services, 'Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal Services' setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back