Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Web Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojf

Instructor
Sep 27, 2000
NO
When I log on to the server using a string like this

the logon is OK. But since I have a dynamic IP, I have set up a dynamic DNS, and I usee this to logon:

which is forwarded to
I get the logonpage from default.htm from my computer. When I click the CONNECT button, then I reach the connect.asp file. But connect.asp does not like the supplied server which is mydomain.com. If I enter the WAN-IP-address in the server-field, 80.200.50.100 then I can login. But the problem is that the IP-address may change any time. I have given my server a name like the domain name, but it does not help.

Is there a way around the problem? Can I add some code in connect.asp so that the WAN-ip is picked up? Or?

Hope you can help - OJF

Unless I am missing something here, there is no way that a DNS or DDNS record is going to include your port assignment.

Some DDNS providers will permit a port forwarding service, and you should investigate if your DDNS will do so for you. But the specifications for a DNS A or CNAME record do not permit the inclusion of port information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back