Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop to Two Load Balanced Servers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a problem using Remote Desktop to access load balanced servers, I have two servers Server1 and Server2 and I should be able to remote connect to them on .01 and .02 respectively and then to the load sharing address .00. If I connect to Server 1 on .01 then .00 goes to Server1, I can only ever access .01 and .00 or .02 and .00 (now Server2). I need to be able to remote desktop to both .01 and .02 but can't at any one time. Can anyone help, is this to do with the load balancing?

Please help.

Thanks

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer

One solution is to have 2 nics per server, and configure NLB to operate over 1 NIC per server, therefore you can always address each server on the non NLB nic, whilst all client traffic can still poin to the VIP.

I've set up on single nic's serveral times, but find the dual nic configuration work better, Also I don't think the NLB management inferface works on the single nic setup (But I could wrong)

This article is pretty good for a starting point.

Hope this helps

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back