Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop service stopping every 10minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyTech

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
KR
On my server:

Windwos 2003 Standard SP1 - The remote desktop service automatically stops every 10 minutes (exactly) after I start it with the following event ID:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7036
Date: 26/10/2006
Time: 10:59:11
User: N/A
Computer: DUBSRV01
Description:
The Remote Desktop Help Session Manager service entered the stopped state.

I havent been able to restart the server yet... but has anyone come across this before?

The service has been running fine for a long time, and used regularly. There are no other event ID's to indicate why this is happening. Everything else seems fine...

Time since last (manual) start: 10:49:10
Time since last unwanted stop: 10:59:11

Thanks for any help...

Jay~

My Tae Kwon Do website is still up and running!!

~KeyTech

I don't see where you are having an issue. This is the remote desktop help session manager service. This particular service is used to manage and control remote assistance calls. This should not stop your users/administrators from accessing terminal services, only requesting for and receiving remote assistance.

Has there been a change recently within the domain policy (if it is in a domain) with remote assistance (the tab on the properties stating remote, if it's grayed out, without a check mark, you've found your problem)?

tfg13 thanks for the reply... after I read it I just realised my mistake!

I couldnt RD to our server this morning for a while... dont know why yet - But I went up and checked a few things... I saw that service had stopped, so I started it... went back to my machine and I could connect again! So I thought that was the problem. I just tired to connect with that service stopped and it works fine. So now I dont know why I couldnt connect in the first place.

Anyway thanks for the help...

Jay~

My Tae Kwon Do website is still up and running!!

~KeyTech

Were there any error messages when you attempted to connect (from the client attempting to connect)? Such as an error stating you've run out of licenses or something along those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back