Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop - Problems with Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellman23

Programmer
Apr 5, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm trying to setup Remote Desktop and am having some trouble. I turned on Remote Desktop from my XP machine, and have also turned on Port Forwarding to 3389 for the IP of my machine. However, I still cannot connect.

Now, the thing that I'm not sure about is which IP address to use for Port Forwarding. There are 2 computers that I have connected through my router (one with XP the other with Win 98SE), however, when I lookup what is assigned in the router admin page 3 IP Addresses are assigned.

From my limited knowledge I'm guessing that the Wireless Bridge that I have connected to my network card on the XP Machine takes up an IP as does the actual network card that and the 3rd IP is from my 98SE PC. Is that right?

If I am right above, do I setup the port forwarding for 3389 to go the Bridge or the actual IP that the Network Card gets? I have actually tried both and neither work.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back