Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote desktop problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J741

Technical User
Jul 3, 2001
CA
With Windows XP Pro, I have enabled IIS and Remote Desktop so that I can get to my computer from most anywhere. I susually do this by browsing to the website //mypcaddress/tsweb and then inputing the machine name mypcaddress in the server location and clicking "connect". The problem is that when I do this from a Windows 98 based PC running IE 6 at work, the result is a mostly blank web page with the footer "connected to" and that's it; No remote desktop. Other Windows 98 based PCs at work with IE 6 connect with my PC using remote desktop without any problem.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Hi,

Are the Windows 98 computers running the excact same version of any other windows Internet programs? and normal windows internet updates? If you succeed then help others :D

ken Christensen
Kenman@Kenman.tk

Does the Remote Desktop Connection client work from the machine you're experiencing problems from?

Ken, as far as I can tell, all the PC's I've tested it on are the same version of Windows 98, with all the Windows Updates applied.

Bongoman, What do you mean? As far as I know Remote Desktop Connection Client is only on Windows XP. That's why I use the TSWEB functions through a web browser, so I can access it from a machine that is not running Windows XP.

Oh yeah, it use to work from the same machine on which it no longer works. It hasn't worked on this machine for about 3 weeks now.

Ken, no I have not made any changes to the machine in question. And, as fas as I know, neither has anyone else in the office.

More info:

If I enable "display a message about every script error" in the IE 6 options, and then try to access the remode desxktop from the /TSWEB location, I get the following error message:

Line 67, Char 7, Error: 'Object does not support this property or method: MsTsc.Server', Code 0.

I am running XP home and trying to connect to terminal server. I get the following message
'Object does not support this property or method: MsTsc.Server', Code 0.
Can someone help me.

Fredydog

From a w98 machine what has probably happened is you have run the updates for IE6 and one of the latest updates has disabled the old ts client.
You will need to get the XP client and install it on the tsac machine. The client needs the new active X control so that IE can access the terminal page.
Microsoft has a Q base article with the fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back