Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote desktop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 17, 2007
ZW
guys im having a problem with remote desktop. im using windows server 2003 and to check on all systems ,i remotely connect to the server from my office. the problem is after i have ended ended the remote desktop session and if anyone tries to connect to the server an error "the terminal has exceeded the number of connections pops up." if i go to the server and check on the users via task manager, it will show that the remote sessions have been disconnected.

this is very annoying and the other guys end up very frustratded. can you please help on how i can elimanate this problem.

tichie

carol
believe in all possibilities

First obvious question is how users are exiting the RDP connection. If you are just clicking on the x to close the windows then you are disconnecting your session.

To change this behaviour;
Go to Terminal Services Configuration->RDP-Tcp->Sessions and modify the disconnect settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back