Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandingdude

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
US
I have an issue with printing to my local printer with remote desktop.I have a Dell 720 printer and when I connect to my remote PC my local printer is displayed in my printers on my remote PC and even goes through the setup of aligning the printer, however when I go to print test - it says cannot connect to printer, power down printer and restart. I have tried this and nothing has happened. I checked the ports of the printer and it is using the TS port. Any ideas?

OK, I just need a little clarification here...

Host: PC you are connecting TO
Client: PC you are connecting FROM

So when you say "local" printer, are you talking about a printer that is connected to the Client or one that is connected to the Host?

Printing to a printer that is attached to the client is a bit more difficult, but is possible. The requirement is that the printer is attached over USB or LPT1 to the client. If the printer is networked, it won't work unless the Host has access to see the printer across TCP/IP.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Thanks for your help everyone, but we got it to work.

Can you help complete the thread and tell members how you finally solved it? This would help us (and you) to help the next person who has this kind of problem. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back