Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop or PCAnywhere to access local network

Status
Not open for further replies.

waely

Programmer
Dec 7, 2003
US
hi all,
we have a network that managed by win2k servers. the network includes firewall, router,exchange and webserver. I can access my webserver 206.xxx.xxx.xxx using Terminal Services and what I really want is accessing my PC 172.168.xxx.xxx and other local pc's using either Remote Desktop or PCAnywhere.

any ideas how to do that?
thanks in advace.

You need to forward the correct port (3389 for remote desktop/terminal services, 5631 for pcAnywhere) to the machine you are trying to control.

thanks, but I want to be able to connect to multiple PC's within the network not only one.

any idea?

Set up terminal services or pcanywhere to listen on different ports for different machines, and forward those ports to the appropriate machine.

Or expose one port (the default is 3389 for RD), connect, and RD from the connected machine to any workstation on the local subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back