Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Logoff Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yisrael

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
US
I have 2 servers running Terminal Services - a Windows 2008 server and a Windows 2003 server. In the remote desktop setup on the clients, I am running a program at startup automatically. This works flawlessly from my 2008 server and when the user exits the program, the user is able to close the program and log off of the session at once. However, when I am using my 2003 server, when the user closes the application, it hangs for a very long time with an empty blue screen until it eventually logs off. There is a setting on group policy and on the server to end a disconnected session after 1 minute, however, I want to end the session immediately once the user closes the application. I am having no issue with the 2008 server, but with the 2003 server it hangs. Does anyone have any solution for me to make the 2003 server immediately log off?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back