Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkirill

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
I'm looking to allow some users remote access to their workstations. We currently use Remote Desktop to allow some folks to access a remote/terminal server - but that is a single purpose box. I'm hoping to allow users to remote in directly to their workstations via the web or RD client.

Ideally they would call up our "tsweb" page and be able to get to the workstation from there.

All workstations are configured to allow remote desktop access.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the TSWeb web page has a drop down or something with the list of machine names that are setup. All you should have to do is put the workstations that are available in the drop down. Or better yet, use a little ASP code to have only the users workstations that they have requested the ability to RDP into added to the drop down.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Hey -

Thanks for that. I was thinking it should work that way. I guess my issue then is how to get workstation names in the box...

I did this once years ago. Just hack the asp page.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back