Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop from behind CP R55

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly403

MIS
Jul 5, 2005
I've got to do a temporary solution to give an internal user Windows Remote Desktop Access to a server on the internet. I know this isn't ideal and there's much better ways, but...

Layout is:
internal>>>CP>>>Switch(for monitoring)>>>Cisco 1841 with DSL card>>>Internet>>>Remote Server

the Checkpoint is doing hide Nat for all internal clients. the Checkpoints external interface has a private address, so the cisco, which has our public address, does NAT overload to the dialer interface. There is a rule in the Checkpoint allowing Terminal Services (port 3389) to any.

When I launch the remote desktop connection from internally, I see the connection attempt in the firewall logs but nothing else. Same when I capture the traffic at the firewall with fw monitor.

However, if I plug a laptop into the switch between the firewall and Cisco (effectively bypassing the firewall), I connect with no problems. Other services work fine (HTTP with a resource, etc).

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back