Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Error on XPPRO SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildeWebPublishing

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
US
While trying to connect in to a PC I received the following error [The connection was ended because of a network error. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.]

I looked up the error on Microsoft and of course they gave the following excellent answer "Cause: A network error prevented your computer from communicating with the terminal server.

Solution: Try connecting to the remote computer again. If you receive the same message, be sure that your computer is connected to the network. If you are still unable to connect to the remote computer, contact the server administrator” So I Ask Has anyone came across this problem and fixed it.
I am able to connect out to other PC's on the LAN. And PCAW Works both in and out.

Is there a firewall enabled on the problem pc?

Perhaps the end user cancelled your remote session, or rebooted.

Thanks but neither of those answers apply.
The problem lise within the Term Srvcs. Reg Key Cert.
But Thanks.

A certification failure would have given you a different error message.

But to be sure, please investigate the advice given with both of these links.

It would help some if you could specify the OS and Version of the host and remote computer in a post:

As a general troubleshooter (and ignore the first section if it does not seem to apply in your specific case. follow the steps):
Then try this:
If the remote client is Win9x, you might try removing the existing password and security credentials on your machine; Start, Run, control userpasswords2 and then remove the existing entries for that client machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back