Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2008
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to access a computer on a LAN from the server. The server says it is part of a workgroup called 'WORKGROUP' but when I try to connect to the remote computer the user name and password are rejected. In the options section of RDC there is an option to enter the domain but the server is part of a workgroup not a domain, is there any way to change this or is there another option?

Thanks

in a workgroup, the verification is done on each pc, so u have 2 add a account with ur username/pw on the pc u wanne rdp 2

But I know the account username and password of the computer i want to rdp to and it will still not authenticate

in my computer/properties/remote, did u set "allow remote desktop access" ?
and did u add an account there?

Yes I've checked the 'allow remote desktop access' box but I havn't set-up an account, I'll give that a go and get back if I have no success, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back