Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Connection Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash57

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am trying to connect from my work pc to my home (for business purposes of course ;) ) via remote desktop connection.

I get a strange quirk every once and a while. When I launch remote desktop from my work computer and enter my computer's ip, I can get the connection established and I am presented with a login. I type my user name and password and it starts to log me in. However as soon as the log in starts, I get a quick flash of a window that says logging off and then I drop my connection.

I have connected to my home pc from other locations before (including here at work) I am just curious why this quick log off has started recently.

Thanks.

This may or may not help. But I had a recent case that was exactly as you described. The remote client (your home machine) was using an NVIDIA based adapter board.

On that remote ((Home) machine, Administrative Tools, Services, Stop the NVIDIA Helper service. Set its startup desposition to "Disabled."

Wierd, but the problem went away.

bcastner, thanks for your reply. I will give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back