Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Connection Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSRebeck1965

Technical User
Dec 4, 2006
Hopefully there is an answer to this (other than NO, CAN"T DO IT). I have about 80 users who log into server using RDC and they are not all that tech savvy (well some anyway)and do not always understand how to log in. Is there a way I can preconfigure RDC so as to have all of our network/server settings in place so the users will just have to log in? I do not want to set this up on all 80 or so machines and can't trust the users to input the correct server name etc, etc.

We are using XP Pro to connect to 2003 server

Sure. Just set up 1 system. Then in the Options section, you can save a RDP file. Distribute it to your users by whatever method is convienient, & tell them to connect by double clicking the RDP file (whatever you named it).

I forgot 1 important part - leave the logon credentials out. If you've already saved them, you can right-click on the RDP file and edit. If they were stored in the RDP file, you'll see an option to delete the credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back