Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop and Internet Explorer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSRebeck1965

Technical User
Dec 4, 2006
I work in a grade school (K-8) where we have gone to using thin clients for the classroom computers. Some of the classrooms have 12 systems set up, but most have only 1 or 2 for an approx total of 150.

We use HP t5530 with Windows CE remoting into Windows 2003 via RDP. Our issue, when the kids are logged in, they are using IE7 for research and educational web games. This really kills us. I have to reboot the server at least twice a day. The activity just hammers the CPU. We have about 50 students logged in at any given time.

Is there a way to solve this issue? This is becoming a huge problem, and we don't really have a huge budget for too much equipment. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Doesn't CE have IE on it, if so why can't they go online there? Also you could max the memory in the server, what is the server specs?

IE7 is very resource intensive. I have yet to see a system where it runs worth a crap (meaning not tying virtually ALL resource up at initial start, and web page navigation). I like it and hate it all at the same time. I bet MS was right on track with what they wanted to do :)

As a test:
If you wack IE7 and fail back to IE6, does the problem still happen?

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging00, MCSA03, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back