Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Admine Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

togatown

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
For some reason Remote Desktop is only allowing one session to connect to my W2k3 server. If I log in via remote, it logs of the user on the console even if the user name is different. Is this something new?

Any help appreciated....

Sounds like you are using the Remote Desktops MMC snap in and have the box checked for "take over the console session".

Uncheck that box.

You should have 2 remote sessions and the console session at your disposal.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Yes, I was and yes I did, realized it after I tried to connect with my XP box and everything was fine. Usually don't use the w2k3 boxes to remote....

Thanks

Is there a similar "fix" for allowing two tech guys to log onto the a Windows 2003 Server using the same administrator account?

We are connecting to the server via Remote Desktop\RDP

You can have up to 3 people connect using Admin. 1 at the console and 2 remote sessions. Just make sure the remote sessions are ot using the "Log on to Console" setting. Also make sure that thye are LOGGING off and not just disconnecting from the RDP session.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back