Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Coverage Will Not Ring Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuldoon66

Programmer
Nov 1, 2004
US
Ok, Folks! Here's a pretty freaky one to chew on.

We have a Definity G3siV10. I have a Station (6408D+) configured with a coverage path going to Point 1: r2, Point 2:v7777(vmail)

r2 is a cell phone. Remote Coverage 2 is configured with 91[areacode+cell#].

I have tried this from both internal and external incoming calls:

Station rings 3 times>>>>>covers to r2 and dials out to cell>>>>>>3 rings>>>>>covers back to Station and gets vmail box after 1 ring. Follows the path perfectly......The problem is that the cell phone never physically rings, yet we call the cell from that Station and it rings fine. Just for giggles, I changed the remote coverage destination to another desk phone, but no change in results......you get the ringback in your ear, but the end device never rings.

I did a List Trace on the Station during these calls, and nothing looked out of the ordinary....the call seized the trunk, outpulsed the proper digits, and seemed to connect...did not look any different than dialing directly out from the phone, other than the digit string showing up in pieces when dialing direct.

What the........!???

Thanks in advance, All!

Would it no be simpler to utilise ec500 and have vm as your first cover point

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

If you take out the second point of coverage does it ever ring at the remote destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back