Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Control Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatmiser

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
US
Hi,

I have enabled the Remote Tools Client Agent for our site and everyone has been installed. When we try to use the remote control, the users that were always in the Administrators group have no problem with permissions. We have created a new NT group and put all the people that we would also like to have permission to use remote control into this group and listed this group in the Remote Tools Client Agent/Security tab. The permission had time to get replicated out to the client machines (I checked in the registry and the new group is listed along with Administrators) and the people in the group are able to create Remote Control sessions with MOST machines but not all. When they are trying to start the sessions with the other machines, they get prompted for a user name, domain name, and password. If they enter this information, it still doesn't work and another prompt appears for the same info. The prompt actually says "The currently logged-in user does not have rights to access the client machine. You must provide the username, domain, and password of an account in the clients remote control operators group." I have tried to uninstall the client software and reinstalling the client, as well as repairing the Remote Tools installation. I also tried to put a test domain user into the Admin group but that didn't work all the time either but that hasnot been there for very long. I hope that someone has heard of this. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Jeff

The time I have seen this is if you created a new query, you have to make sure you have the resource id and resource type in the search criteria. I was getting the same error
until I added these.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back