Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote control software

Status
Not open for further replies.

viclap

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
PH
hi everyone,

does anybody know where can i find any remote control software for sco unix like pcanywhere, carbon copy or close-up? any shareware or freeware can also be accepted.

Any terminal emulation software for serial ports will do the job over serial ports. ICE-TCP over ethernet. There are others. Everything that can connect to the unix is a potential remote control terminal.

Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Viclap,

I used to use a product called DoubleVision which did what you describe, don't know if it's available for SCO though.
Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com

Another option I am currently testing is PEEK software which allows one to take over the screen and let your keystrokes be seen by others. We are trying to use this as a training vehicle to train users how to use our software by
showing them the correct keystrokes. The company that make this software is Computronics. Their web address is

Danny,

Not sure what you mean. How does telnet allow you to take over another users screen?
Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com

Telnet does not do that.

However that was not the question that was asked
<<does anybody know where can i find any remote control software >>

If you need to remotly control yuor server, telnet is yuor answer. Or maybe secure shell is security is an issue.

-Danny

The command tee is able to take over screens, unfortnually i dont know the syntax.

Double vision works well. It is available thru Tridai Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back