Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote control of DSPro agents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis1

MIS
Feb 19, 2002
US
Hi,

Anyone doing remote control of DSPro (4.1) agents? I'm talking about PC anywhere or a similar product. I want to install something like MS netmeeting but I want to be sure that I'm not going to cause any conflicts with the agent. I read in the NAI knowledge base that VNC (freeware remote control program) causes major problems.

Thanks
-JD

Hi

In your CD you can find a directory named RD3 ( Remote desktop ), usually the remote desktop agent is already installed in your DSS, so you need to install only the controller on your console, it works fine for me !

Regards !

Correct,

Contact your local sniffer support group and if you have a valid support contract they will send you it for free.

Thanks Alex! Found it and installed it.

Can you tell me this though? Where is that documented? I sometimes think I must be missing some manuals, though I know I have the full set.

Thanks again!

Hi again !

Sorry I don't know where you can find manuals, on they are supposed to be, but don't worry, its use is very simple, on help menu you can find more info.

Believe me, I've used it not only for Sniffer and it works OK !
You can find me here for more doubts, ok ?

Regards !

I don't need the manuals to operate it. I installed it and it works fine. I just wondered why I didn't see any mention of it in the installation and operations guide. I think that the documentation on basic sniffer operations in the NAI manuals is pretty slim too. I have always believed that this is because they want to sell more "sniffer U" courses.

Hi:

The suggested use of Remote Desktop is mentioned on Appendix C of "Sniffer Distributed 4.1x Installation Guide" under the "Building or Rebuilding a Sniffer Distributed Agent" section as Installing the Remote Desktop 32 Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back