Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote control of a Win2K system

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwaysar

MIS
Feb 29, 2000
US
When I try to take remote control of a Win2K system the client system will beep every few seconds and it becomes sluggish (ie. the mouse jerks).&nbsp;&nbsp;From my console I can see the client desktop but all I can do is move the mouse.&nbsp;&nbsp;I cannot open any programs.&nbsp;&nbsp;The client cannot open most programs either.&nbsp;&nbsp;If the client does open task manager (for example) as soon as I move the mouse from my console it closes task manager down.&nbsp;&nbsp;After I end my remote session the client system has to be rebooted before things work normally again.<br>Has anyone else had similar problems when trying to take remote control of a Win2K system?

I have the same problem - remote is very slow and I have to reboot my machine.&nbsp;&nbsp;If your read the release notes that come with SMS SP1 it identifies this as a problem with WIn2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back