Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote connections might not be enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranialdr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2003
US
1.remote connections might not be enabled at the remote computer
2.Maximum number of connections may be exceeded
3. a network error might have occurred while establishing connection.

these are the error messages i get while trying to connect to server through remote desktop xppro

has anyone got a suggestion for configuration?

j

Has remote desktop been enabled on the remote computer?
Does the account that you're trying to use have permission to access the machine via RD?
Is there any firewall enabled on the remote machine?

rdc enabled
full permissions
firewalls disabled

the only thing i can think of is the xp pro version was upgraded by buddy... is unlic version. can that afect rdc? or is that 2ez?

The problem you describe is most often due to a firewall or router. Remember, xp has a built-in firewall and many antivirus solutions also install one. If using a router (or firewall), port 3389 must be forwarded (or allowed to pass through).

The unlicensed version shouldn't affect RDC, but you shouldn't be using it. So don't be surprised if you don't get any further help here.

we bought licensed xp pro and reinstalled.... got a great deal for $150.00.

i guess the main question that puzzles us all is ... why can some clients running xp pro and 98 and 2000 pro at certain locations connect with the server and others cannot?

pinhole is open 3389 forwarded.

any clues??

J

THANKS... WE REISSUED THE LICENCES ON THE SERVER AND we are up and running

YOU GUYS ARE THE GOODS..

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POCKETPC CONFIGURATION?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back