Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Connection and Local Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossmank

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I am connecting remotely with work from home. Both machines are running XP Pro. I want to print something from the remote machine on my local printer. I go to add printers (on the remote machine) and I have the option for hooking up to a printer on the internet or network, but it is asking for an address:

(
Does anyone know where to get this address. I am using a HP Photosmart 1115 connected by USB and under properties it says it is on port DOT4_001.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me.

thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Can you tell me if you ever got the remote printer to work. I have the same situation you express but I have been completely unable to make it work.

If you're in the same situation and that MSKB article applies to you, it won't work with that printer port.

According to that Microsoft article that the URL link points to, it says you can make it work.

Yes, apparently it's been updated with a workaround since I originally posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back