Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote CMS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankieg

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
Hi All

Can you settle an argument for me please? My boss says it is unrealistic to have 1 cms to monitor 1 or more sites due to the type of link you may need, ie leased line ect. i am not sure what sort of line would be required but it would only be used on rare occasions so a dedicated link would be a bit wasteful. He says their is no alternative but to buy another cms and have done with. I hope that with all the world of IP and frame relay this would not be the case. Any ideas what sort of bandwidth would be needed on a remote site running wall boards and all sorts of reports?

Thanks in advance

Frankie

The CMS can be setup to monitor more than one site very easily. If you have a CLAN card in all of your phone systems it is done via IP over the data network. You will only need to have Avaya add some additional ACD's to the your current CMS and then make sure your CLAN cards have the links configured to send the data to the one server. I can tell you that we do this, have 4 ACD's on one server. I think 4 is max per server, but am not sure. There are also some other methods using data modules but they are not as reliable and normally you have to have point to point T-1's between sites to get them to work. The CLAN is definitely a much cleaner and less expensive solution.

We have a customer with one CMS an 5 DEFINITY's scattered all over europe.

The bandwith calculation Avaya can help you with.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

We have a customer with 1 central cms with 7 acds accross Europe. We are about to change the links to ADSL VPN. Good and Cheaper than running two cms. Definitely go with central cms

OK, release 9 of the CMS I helped install could have up to 9 ACD's. We set up the 2nd ACD with a 56k link. We had a point to point T-1 running into a MUX and then a router on each end. So we partitioned out the T1 channel and established the link.

You can do the same with an Internet T-1/VPN combo. A router to router VPN between locations would do it. However keep in mind the lack of dependable through put an Internet VPN can give. The minimum was a 56k link for a 150 agent call center to link up.

Only problem we encountered was with C-LAN not resetting when link dropped, but that was not related to link or CMS.

Let me know if you need help.

Charles
chagen@hagenit.com

A CMS can only support upto 8 ACDs. I am not sure at what version support the number of ACDs supported became 8, but I believe that it was release 6.

IPSI

Correct that would be 8. Sorry bout the typo.

Anyway the bandwidth needs are MINIMAL. Long as you have a solid connection you should be OK.

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back