Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote client & WIN XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cile1

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
SE
Hi,
I have configured VPN connection from my home to my company's LAN, that is behind 5GT firewall.
From my home I use laptop with WIN XP and Remote client 8.2
and every thing is working fine.
But,I use the same laptop on the job, and when I log in to my domain, I can't browse my LAN, no internet connection, nothing work for my on LAN side. It seems that Remote client block every thing.
I wonder if there is some settings on WIN XP that I should use when I'm inloged on company's LAN and the Remote client is installed on laptop? Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Hey,

I'm glad we aren't the only ones with that problem! :eek:)

I think it's a bug and will be addressed with the next version of NSR. We teach our users to "Deactivate" the policy by right-clicking the NSR icon in the Task Bar.

When the go off site and want to connect, they are told to take the same approach by "Activating" policy. Give it a shot, it works for us. Good luck.

Rgds,

John

Thank you!!!
I'm going to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back