Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTE CITRIX DISCONNECTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham21

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
GB
Running an SQL database on CITRIX we regularly find that remote users connections drop. When re-connecting, CITRIX normally takes users back to the screen that they were using, as if the connection has not really been lost completely.

This can happen during data entry so it is not a time-out issue.

This has never happened over our LAN and we can not identify any logic to when this happens. No other programs running over our network suffer similar problems. There are also no error or information messages that register on the server when this happens.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any advice?

Is the problem you're having the dropped connections? Or the reconnecting? We are in a similar environment and have the same issues. We have found that people outside drop connection because their internet connection drops. Might want to look into that.

Also, check to see if there NIC card has the power mangement setting engaged. There is a setting that lets Windows power it down after a period of inactivity. The metaframe server then thinks it is disconnected.

JON

We had this problem for a while. Between the latency of the WAN + the delay of the process because of server load, we were loosing connections. Goto DABCC.com and grab there "TuneMFW2Kv@.zip" and it can help you easily change the nessacary settings. You could do this via the registry as well, but I remember the keys right off hand.

Hi,

Do you find that when these user try to reconect they get a new session but if they log out and then reconnect, they get their previous session back?

If so, I've seen that and all I get from Citrix is that the only way to reliably get a disconnected session back, is when a user disconnects then reconnects! Some use eh?

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back