Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote caroot prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhunji

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
CA
Hi,

We just recently updated our servers to SP2 for ArcServe version 9.01 so now the build shows as 2200.

Our servers are Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and all the latest hotfixes/patches.

The problem I'm having is this;

I have installed a copy of Arcserve 9 on my laptop, so I can view the jobs remotely, It has also been patched with SP2.

Since I installed SP2 on my laptop, a few of the servers have decided to start prompting for the caroot password when I first look at them.

If I select a group, I get a bunch of prompts. I have the Remember password box checked, but still get the prompt for these servers.

I can't uninstall SP2 from the laptop because it seems that anything prior to SP2 can't view jobs of an SP2 server.(if that makes sense)

Is there a way to get rid of these prompts?

Uninstall and then reinstall ARCserve on your laptop but this time do a custom install of just the Manager.

HI,

Ensure you have "Remember password " enabled at both places.

1. When you login to the manager.
2. Go to Bconfig.exe under <x:>\Program Files\CA\BrightStor ARCserve Backup
open the application, select the 2nd option, "password for backup server logon and administration.
This would take to the next window, which would allow you to change the password for the caroot account.
Ensure you enable "Remember password", on this window as well.

Cheers

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I don't seem to have Bconfig, I have BSconfig but it doesn't do anything when I click on it or run it from the command line...

I found the following reg key in the registry and just added the servers with a value of 1, this seems to have solved my problem.

HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ArcServe Backup\Base\ASMgr\Server AddIn

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back