Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlezzz

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
opt 11 - I have an employee that works from home on occasions and wants to know how to forward the office phone to home phone remotely (dial in and set it forward to home)......how would i go about doing that w/out being here physically to forward. thanks

do a search here on disa.. you have to set up a disa trunk so that they can dial in, get switch dial tone then do the rcfw feature... disa is a well know hacker open door

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You could enable external call forward and then use the operator assistant feature, that way you could change the number remotely to a cell or home phone, and limit your exposure. Also the caller could determine the importance, and if it is necessary to contact you. The wording of your greeting would need careful consideration.

Personal Call Assistant" is an add on that works great.
When configured, both the office phone and home or cell phone ring simultaneously. You enable or disable this by entering *50 or *51 your extension and a password.

I use this with my cell and leave it on all the time.
if you need to turn it on remotely, you could call the receptionist and have her dial the code, because it does not have to be dialed from your extension.

It will ring a few times on your office phone and then ring simultaneously, so it is not too bad to leave on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back