Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote call forward?. 406v2 r3.1.65

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmefford

Vendor
Apr 13, 2006
US
I have a new customer that I'm still getting familiar with the configuration that want to have calls forwarded to another office.

3 sites connected via SCN with centralized VMPro. All sites on release 3.1.65. All sites have a PRI(or partial).

They currently have the "main number" at each site routed to a receptionist extension local to that site.

They would like for the calls to remote forward to the main site via the PRI line if the local receptionist does not answer the call within 3-4 rings. They do not want to route calls via the SCN because of sound quality issues that cannot be resolved quickly.(previous vendor did not set up their network properly but that is different issue)

I've done remote forwarding on this older release in the past and remember there was some weird trick to it but cannot remember the work around for anything. I'ved tried several different ways and either get a disconnect, or it never forwards.

The other trick is they also want the ability to let the receptionist forward her phone to another local extension from time to time while working in other areas etc.

So basically I need a call to come in via PRI at a remote site, ring the reception extension or which ever extension she has her phone forwarded to for 3-4 rings, then forward to a different telephone number without using the voip line.

Ideas?

To use her phone somewhere else, use a Follow Me divert.

To overflow to another set. Create a user that is forwarded to the other site with Hunt Group Forward ticked. Put that user in the overflow group. Set the overflow group to sequential and set it as the overflow from the main group and you should be all good.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

If you are setting a user to forward offsite make sure that you assign an extension to the user as well. I used an analog extension then remote forwarding worked for the user i created.

>previous vendor did not set up their network properly but that is different issue.

Not it isn't. You are trying to implement a workaround because you cannot use the better method because they didn't implement correctly. Can you use this as leverage to do the job correctly?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back