Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Batch File . Help required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ger2111

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
GB
Hi,
We have a security company with a remote office and one PC. They use a clocking system which outputs an MDB file that needs to be transfered to our main office.
I want this to be automated but do not want to compromise security.
They do not have a network or access to a phone line on this remote site so I have set up a VPN over GPRS using a mobile with the sim blocked to make and recieve calls.

So I can get to our head office from there.

Now I need a batch file to copy over the MDB file at a certain time each week using task scheduler.
Firstly I want to create a gprs connection. I can do this using scheduled tasks but i need to ensure that there is GPRS connectivity before the batch file continues.
Next I want this batch file to map a network drive to the server in our head office. For this I will need to input user names and passwords, How?
Next I want the batch file to delete the previous weeks MDB file , again how do I go about this.
Then I want to copy over the new MDB file to the server in head office, When this is done i want to disconnect the network drive and close the GPRS connection.

All help on this appreciated.

MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back