Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Automation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroohani

Programmer
Jan 18, 2003
ES
Hi all,

I have an Automation server app and I need to run four copies of the app on four different machines, and then control all four copies from one single client machine using Remote Automation. If there was only one server, using Automation Manager and RAC Manager was fine. But what if I need to activate all four servers at the same time? Is there any way to call the same component on four different machines?

I mean, I have "Server.Document" on a machine named Server1 and three others on three other machines called Server2, Server3 and Server4. If I user server.reg to register the server component on the client machine, how can I differentiate between the four distinct components on the four different server machines from one single client machine, while all four server components have the same name?

Best regards,
Shahram

Only possibility you can differentiate them is on how do you ergister them in the registry. Give them different ProgID's, one ProgID per one server machine.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

AIM: IonFilipski
filipski@excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back