Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote audio playback via Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

akalvi79

Technical User
Feb 9, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Our client needs to play recordings from remote location using a telephone and not PC Sound card.

Any thoughts of how it can be integrated with the existing NICE solution will be very helpful. We have NICE Logger 9.06

Regards
akalvi

8.9 or Perform?

8.9 you can have audio outputs on the logger that analogue phones can be plugged into.

Perform you can install a playback server that utilises Dialogic boards that analogue phones can be plugged into.

We are using NICE Perform.

So we require playback server to achieve this? Any specification regarding playbak server along with pricing details will also helpful.
With playback server anyone using analog phone can access the recordings, but that has to be within the premises. What if someone from remote end needs to access using some dial in method?

Also what is RAP or TIM, can they be utilized?

Playback server should be able to be configured with remote users, just requires configuration.

Can't provide pricing as needs to be provided from your local NICE provider, additionally I'm technical so can't even give you a guestimate.

Server is likely a standard HP DL 360 or equivalent, needs to be able to house the dialogic boards, assuming these are now standard length boards.

Thank you RoamingKiwi....

Also is there any integration document for Playback Server and NICE perform using Avaya PBX.

Unfortunately due to agreements I cannot supply NICE technical documentation (marketing doco is probably fine but I don't typically have much of this) as I'm from a business partner. Please contact your NICE supplier for any technical documentation.

akalvi79,

playback server can use virtual voip boards instead of physical ones, both h.323 and sip are supported. the pricing for one dialogic hmp port is around $200 end user, playback server voip software costs $800 per 4 channels, so for 4 channels it's like $1600 plus labour. cannot give you labour estimate, depends on your local nice partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back